Friday, May 18, 2007

Just do it!

Hi everybody!

Do you like sports? I for one love all sorts of sports, except running. That’s because I’m inexplicably slow and after five minutes of running I feel like vomiting. Considering all this, paradoxically, I thought it might be a good idea to take part at the “Wasserkruglauf”.

The Wasserkruglauf is a two kilometres long relay in Bad Gleichenberg (2.5 kilometres if you’re a man). Thank goodness, the route was quite flat and so I at least stood a chance to make it to the finish. I was on a team of four people- two of them are really fast runners.

I was the third one to start and so I accelerated enthusiastically, but soon (meaning after a minute or so) I realized that I could never keep up that speed. So, after about 800 kilometres that felt like an eternity, I struggled to keep on running. I was exhausted as if I took part in a marathon, but still I didn’t give up until I reached the finish line.

And what did that event teach me? Firstly, I learned that my physical condition is not too satisfactory. Secondly, I realized once again that I really don’t like running. And lastly, I will take part next year again if I get such a cool shirt again ;)



Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Life of Brian