Thursday, March 29, 2007

Deafblogs

Finding blogs in English is as easy as pie, but what about our second languages? Are there blogs written in Spanish, Russian, Croation etc. Certainly there are, but as you already know, my second language is Sign language. So, not too assured of success, I started to google the words “deaf” and “blog”. Surprisingly, I found a host of entries, waiting to be explored.

I browsed a bit through several blogs, but I haven’t found one about a deaf expat yet. However, there was one blog I really liked, since one can learn about deaf people’s every day problems. It’s written by Joseph Rainmound from New York, a young man who's -in my opinion- a very entertaining writer. Tip: The entry “served with hot milk”, for example, is about finding quickly a qualified interpreter.

No comments:

Life of Brian